Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sarah Palin is a joke

I don't mind being an echo for the mainsteam convential wisdom. Selfishly, I would sign up right now for an Obama versus Palin race in 2012. I doubt that Palin could talk for more than a few minutes about serious political topics. Sure, you can remember talking points, and be a demagogue. But I'm talking about being a serious policy person. There are so many Republicans who are qualified, that we shouldn't entertain this notion.

Hopefully, for the nations' sake Palin is just using up her 15 minutes of fame.

I am mindful that I thought President Obama wasn't qualified to be President early on in the 2008 Democratic Primary race. But he ran against people who clearly were qualified like Biden, Dodd, Hillary, Richardson, and he beat them. He stood toe to toe with them. Obama did the interviews, debates, townhalls, etc. In addition, Obama had a worldview he had written about and presented for years. I disagreed with some of it because Obama clearly was a leftist.

But along the way, the President to be proved he was flexible, knowledgeable, and stable enough to assume the office.

I'm confident Palin wouldn't make it through, but we have to be careful not to let people like her get too close.

No comments: