Wednesday, May 4, 2011

George W. Bush: a great Post Presidency

George W. Bush declines to visit Ground Zero with President Obama

He wants to stay out of the limelight.

It is the right thing to do once again. Many on my side personally attacked the former President, and it was wrong. To my knowledge, I never did, and never will.

I mostly respected his resolve to do what he thought was right. I learned from his leadership style and think that many other Americans should become students.

Politically, I was against his policies about 60% or more of the time, so perhaps focusing on the 40% makes it easier to like him. But some of that 60% is from the right. For example, I think we should have fough the terrorists tougher, should have been more forceful in Iraq (if we were going to go in there), and the Education bill should have had real vouchers in it.

President Bush demonstrated good character while in office. His marriage was a good model for America. His post presidency follows in that tradition.

No comments: