Thursday, April 21, 2011

Obama born in US?

I support the President.

yet...

I don't know if he was born in the United States.

Also, I don't care.

He's a great American. He's our President.

---

I don't know if Bill Clinton or George Bush were born in the USA either.

I don't know if Dick Cheney was a legal resident of Texas, which meant according to the Constitution he and Bush shouldn't have been on the same ticket, from the same state.

I don't know if all the Senators serving are 30 years old. Or whether all the reps in the House are 25.

---
Seriously, how could you really "know" something beyond taking somebody's word.
Everyone lies. If someone has told you the truth each and every time, that just gives them the space to tell you a big lie.

---

That being the case, I'm going to trust the President, and most people until there's a reason not to.

But technically, I'd count as a birther.

--
The only thing that bothers me about the President is his support of gay rights.
If he lost that and was found to be born in Indonesia, I'd be just fine.

No comments: