1. It would mean a constitutional amendment to define marriage as one man and one woman.
2. Congress would define education as a civil right, and grant generous vouchers to all parents for their chidren.
3. They would work with the President to pass a universal and market based healthcare plan.
4. Republicans wouldn't interpret the victory as vindication for them and a defeat of our President.
5. Republicans wouldn't attack the notions of fair trade, diplomacy and smart power, pass budgets that don't benefit the wealthy, support internet gambling, etc.
... so you can tell from the above, I support our Democratic Party to maintain and enlarging our majorities, and hoping that we address the agenda items I've laid out. Our party needs more thinkers not tied to the left wing to actively work within the party for change.