Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Democrats against gay rights

I often wonder why it is necessary for every controversial political position to have a deeper meaning?

Why do Democrats who oppose gay rights have to have some long line of logic supporting their conclusion?

Yes I understand marriage as an important institution to raise children properly. But what if I didn't?

Yes I understand marriage as an important institution that helps properly order our society. But what if I didn't?

Yes I understand marriage as an important religious institution. But what if I didn't?

Why can't the answer be, because that's what I think.
Why can't the answer be, because I find gay behavior disgusting?

Just as I don't need some long essay on why I don't eat dog meat...
Just as I don't need some long essay on why I wear clothes....
Just as I don't need some long essay on why I ear cereal for breakfast...

We are able to make decisions expressing our preferences and let it stand.
Even though there have been decades of attack from the radical hollywood types,
we still have the ability to do right just because.

No comments: