Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February 2008 political flashback: Michelle Obama played race card

note: I now support our President and his agenda in general. But this episode is an indication of the left-wing extremism that we as a nation have to combat.

On 2/19/2008, While I was still supporting Senator Clinton for President, I took Michelle Obama to task for her playing the race card against my Democratic Party:


http://www.breitbart.tv/html/49244.html

"What we have learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It is making a comeback. And let me tell you something -- for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment. I've seen people who are hungry to be unified around some basic common issues, and it's made me proud."

This is the 2008 version of racial code.
"hope is making a comeback" = Barack is winning.
She mistakenly spoke the truth by saying "not just" because Barack is winning.
This message is code to blacks to say, if they don't nominate Barack, its' the same old Democratic Party taking blacks for granted.
The message to whites is that "for the first time", I don't think you're a racist nation. It's clear this is contigent on Barack winning.
For those out there who doubt that this is racial code, give an alternative explanation.
I'm in the black community. I know the racial games that are played each election cycle. This is shameful in 2008, that such a powerful group would emotionally blackmail voters and politicians into accepting someone so unqualified.
I want any Obama supporter to name a white person who has a chance to do what Obama's has done. Go throughout history, use a current example, whatever. Find someone who has a similar story and has the chance to become president.
The closest example I can give is: John Edwards.He never had a chance.
--------Also it is offensive that she has not been proud of this country in her adult lifetime. That is unpatriotric to say the least. As an African American I will give a list of things any African American or American in general could have been proud of in the last 40 years: 1968 - 2008.
(no order)
M.l.K. national holidayput a man on the Moon/space programdefeated communismnumber of elected women/minorities in governmentadvances in medicine/medical technologygreat wealth created in U.S. overalladvance of technology in generalrise of people like Oprah, Michael Jordan, Colin Powell,etc.title IX for womenrise of EPA and other environmental policies
I could go on. This is the greatest country in the world,ever created.
That's was true before Obama ran, and it will be true whether he wins or loses in whatever way it happens.

No comments: