Senator Obama demonstrated on "This Week" why he should be the next President of the United States.
1. He has a great personality and appearance, and in today's modern world that matters.
2. Senator Obama demonstrated a truly liberal approach to politics that I celebrate. He was thinking through what he thought was best for the country. Some examples:
- merit pay for teachers
- better way to fund Medicare
- bigger Military
- opposing Republicans in the Senate the past few years
Senator Obama was credible in his effort to show independence from the Democratic Party when he thought we as a group are wrong, and proud (as in the Senate) to vote with the Party to oppose wrongheaded Republican policies.
3. Senator Obama was willing to admit an error in his "above my pay grade" answer concerning abortion. That was refreshing, and correct. His subsequent answer about abortion being a moral issue that is difficult but should not be criminalized was a great approach and answer for America.
Though Obama was not qualified to be President when the Primary race began, winning a Primary where 36 million voters participated has answered his critics (me), and now there is no doubt.
Sarah Palin was chosen by 1 person. She is not qualified because she hasn't demonstrated effectiveness on a national scale and then have her work affirmed by the voters or some other independent process.
So the choice is between a qualified Obama/Biden versus a qualified McCain and unqualified Palin.
making the word "liberal" safe again!