There's so much attention on the Black Lives Matter Movement and the focus on police shootings of unarmed African Americans. While there are over 37 million African Americans, there were approx. 40 unarmed African Americans killed by police in 2015. Meantime, there are thousands of murdered African Americans every year for as far back as we can see. The vast majority at the hand of another black person.
Realize that over 99% of black people aren't murderers and over 99% of black people aren't murdered each year.
But if we want to address all black lives mattering, here what we can do to dramatically lower the black homicide rate:
1. Talk about the increased level of violence in some black communities compared to other communities everyday, the same way as BLM.
2. Demand politicians on all levels offer radical plans that can be implemented immediately.
3. the community needs to turn on the criminals. Turn on rap music. Make snitching cool.
4. The community needs higher standards of what is acceptable on a personal level. Including cleaning up the streets and neighborhoods, and encouraging pride in keeping it that way.
5. promote traditional marriage. Facts show an intact nuclear family is best social program.
6. Embrace groups like Nation of Islam and other pro black groups to patrol the neighborhood. And form a partnership with police. 24/7.
7. De-criminalize drugs, to take profit out of the illegal trade.
8. Harshly punish low level offenders before they get worse.
9. Guarantee a free college education at any school in America to all who academically qualify
10. Public works programs to rebuild the cities, public infrastructure, and community programs