Monday, June 1, 2009

New racism is not like the old

I pride myself in being fair. As a Democrat, I don't care whether a good idea comes from the extreme right, the middle, or the left wing. Just whether it works. Is it good. Is it the right thing for America.

But I try to take note of when I agree with my party and disagree with Republicans because I'm so often accused of not being a real Democrat.

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich, Rush Limbaugh, and others have taken to calling SCOTUS nominee Sotomayor's statements racist, and she herself being a bigot.

Throw in Chief Justice John Robert's idea that the best way to end discrimination in America is to "end discrimination in America". Meaning no racial preferences for any reasons. Even good ones.

I disagree with all of this.

I find myself agreeing with John Ridley who is a left wing extremist.
Except for the part promoting gay rights (he's wrong), Ridley correctly shows the insane arguments comparing "new racism" with "old racism".

John Ridley

No comments: