Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sometimes Guns save lives

We don't know what would have happened, but we do know what didn't happen:



Two people shot while breaking into apartment



Sacramento Police are investigating a shooting in midtown, where two people were wounded while allegedly attempting to break into an apartment Wednesday night at 17th and O streets, police said.
The shooting took place at about 9:51 p.m. at the Cove Apartments, 1708 O St., said Sgt. Laura Chase. Police arrived and found two men in their early 30s shot in the upper body. Both men's wounds are not life-threatening, police officials said.
The two men and another accomplice were allegedly trying to break into an apartment when someone inside shot them, Chase said. All three men were wearing masks, she said.
Police are continuing to investigate the shooting.




We need to include all the facts when discussing the role of guns in our society. I would like to know the accurate statistics as to how many times guns are used to prevent crime either deterence or actual usage. I support gun control laws that are enforced vigorously because it seems to me we are safer as a society with less guns. I'm willing to be convinced otherwise by the facts, but everytime someone presents information it seems to have a political tilt. So I'm left with my best effort to use logic. I totally disagree with the idea that an average citizen has a 2nd amendment right to a gun. If this interpretation persists in law as defined by the Supreme Court in Heller, we might have to pursue a Constitutional Amendment. I'm not anti-gun. I'm anti-crime and pro-facts. If anyone has unbiased facts or better yet, facts being presented by a person that don't tend to corroborate their pre-existing opinion, please let me know.



...more to come.

No comments: