Study the topic of abortion here
Though estimates vary:
• In 2005, 1.21 million abortions were performed, down from 1.31 million in 2000. From 1973 through 2005, more than 45 million legal abortions occurred.
This is the latest available information.
It is very easy to say that you are against abortion, and then go about your daily routine just as anyone else. Yet, it seems to me that if you think abortion is evil, and a choice that shouldn't be allowed in any civilized society, then you have a higher standard to actually do something about this procedure rather than passively voting and talking about it once and awhile. Even those who regularly donate to churches and like-minded political groups need to increase their resolve to actually change America. Here are some acceptable ways to indicate a serious opposition to abortion rights:
1. Distribute factually accurate information concerning various aspects of abortion including:
the development of the fetus at various stages
the ability of the unborn child to feel pain
the use of abortion as birth control
the health dangers for women
the high minority abortion rates
the history of the abortion rights movement
2. Stop saying/believing that good people can disagree on this issue and hold people accountable by dissassociating with them both personally and professionally. This can be done by asking whomever you encounter, what their views are and then proceeding accordingly. You have to bring this issue from behind the shadows and make it an important part of your life. Many people analogize abortion to slavery but an even easier example would be to a "racist" today. No rational personal would associate with a known "racist" without tacitly approving of their beliefs/behavior.
3. Demand politicians keep the issue on the front-burner in speeches, fundraising, fact-finding trips, rallies, and in general using the bully-pulpit to assert the moral correctness of your position. Indicate you won't vote for them unless they are proactively trying to think of good (aggressive) ways to oppose the abortion culture.
4. Change the television/music/entertainment industry through your purchasing habits. Support people, groups, programs whose message agrees with you. Start/fund groups who will work to mainstream a pro-life message. You should pay special attention to regular programming that isn't "focused on moral issues" but has the pro-life message as a background and part of the setting. Sort of like product-placement. Sometimes the most effective messages are subtle, and contained within a totally different context.