Thursday, December 20, 2007

Clinton kept her word, Obama chose Politics

Obama failed to tell the truth on November 4,2004


"I have never set foot in the U.S. Senate. I've never worked in Washington. And the notion that somehow I'm immediately going to start running for higher office just doesn't make sense.

"So look, I can unequivocally say I will not be running for national office in four years, and my entire focus is making sure that I'm the best possible senator on behalf of the people of Illinois."

"I am not running for president in 2008," Obama said. "I mean, come on guys. The only reason I'm being definitive is because until I'm definitive you will keep asking me this question, but it's a silly question."

Look at the contrast:

Hillary made a commitment in 2000 and kept it in 2004

(based on interview with Larry King December 2000)

On Monday, however, Clinton definitively ruled out a run for the White House in 2004.
"Let's say Gore loses. That means the Democratic Party has no incumbent. Are you interested in that office in '04?" King asked Clinton in an interview taped at the White House.

"No, I'm not," she replied.

"Not at all?"

"No. I am intent upon being the best senator that I can be. That is what I want to do," Clinton said.
Clinton said she had promised New York voters she would serve out the full six-year term and that she intended to keep that vow. That was "as definitive as I can get."


---
It was a silly proposition for him to think about running in 2004. The only thing that changed was that he became convinced it was in his political interest to run in 2008. That demonstrates a lack of character. Memo to Hillary: play video and show him his own words. Show your video and your own words. That's all that's needed.


No comments: